Don’t miss the celebration on Thursday, November 5th at Murphy’s Grand Irish Pub in Va Beach!
Happy Hour / Social starting at 6 pm; seating for fixed price 3-course special dinner menu starting at 6:30.
ALL are welcome, members or not!
We will be giving out some special President’s Awards for people who were instrumental in making the Coastal Virginia Cup Hurling & Camogie tournament such a success, we will be honoring the MVP’s from the opening matches of the first four HRHC hurling leagues, we will be awarding a local Irish Sportsman and Irish Sportswoman of the Year award, we will be sharing IAS memories from the past 35 years, AND we have a VERY special guest who will be attending to congratulate us on our first 35 years!
Everyone is welcome, especially our friends in Cumann na mBan Camogie club and the Hampton Roads Hurling Club!
Murphy’s has put together a DELICIOUS and very special 3-course, fixed-price dinner menu for us. It will be $20 per person, including soda/tea/coffee, but not including tax, tip, and bar drinks.
Here is the menu for our celebration!
v Starters – Course 1: (choice of one)
o Spinach Salad – fresh baby spinach with sliced grape tomatoes, red onions, and your choice of Murphy’s honey bacon dressing or balsamic vinaigrette
o Cup of Potato Dill Soup
v Entrees – Course 2: (choice of one)
o Irish Meat and Potato Pie with sauteed green beans or cottage fries
o Faroe Island Salmon topped with a citrus cream sauce and served with sweet potato mash and sauteed green beans
o Corned Beef and Cabbage
o Murphy’s Penne Toss – penne pasta tossed in olive oil, tomatoes, spinach, green onions, roasted red peppers, and feta cheese
o Jameson Steak – 12 oz NY Strip served with sweet potato mash and sauteed green beans
v Toasting – Course 3: (choice of one)
o Irish Champagne Mist – 4 oz champagne and 1 oz Irish Mist garnished with an orange slice
o Mock Irish Coffee (no alcohol in it)
ALSO, WE WANT YOU to take part in the evening’s events!
- 6:00 pm – start time; ceili dancing in front of stage in front bar; “IAS Memory Lane” display & Happy Hour in back bar
- 6:30 pm – seating & dinner orders
- 7:00 pm – official start of program
- Failte – Lynnette Fitch Brash
- National anthems of USA and Ireland – Katie McCrory & Edward Brash
- Words of Congratulations to the IAS – Virginia Beach Mayor Will Sessoms
- Presentation to Mayor Sessoms – Cumann na mBan officers
- Letter of Congratulations to the IAS – Sister Cities of VB President, Ruth Fraser (read by Joe Brady)
- Presentation to IAS – Coastal Virginia Cup Co-Chair Skip Hunter
- President’s Awards to IAS members for CVC work – Lynnette Fitch Brash
- Words on tying in the local Irish community with Coastal Virginia sports tourism – Teresa Buckley Diaz
- Presentation to HRHC MVP’s for opening matches of their 4 pub league seasons – Lynnette Fitch Brash & Betsy Kennedy
- Presentation of local Irish Sports Man and local Irish Sports Woman of the Year – Lynnette Fitch Brash
- Group Photos
- All HRHC and CnamB players present
- All IAS Princesses from first 35 years present
- All IAS Presidents (or next of kin) from first 35 years present
- All IAS officers from first 35 years present
- Any specific counties that request group photo (Donegal, Derry, etc.)
- Raffles – Joe Brady
- Open mic of IAS memories, jokes, songs, party pieces, dances, toasts, requests by IAS members
- 9 pm “Parting Glass” sing along led by Edward Brash to end evening
Murphy’s Irish Pub